Best Outplacement and Career Transition Services in Michigan
The latest technologies + talented career experts = Fast employee transition into new jobs
To maintain a competitive edge, your business needs to adapt quickly to market fluctuations.
Our top-quality outplacement services are backed with over a decade of executive search and professional career services.
At Vertical Media Solutions, we understand your needs and the importance of transitioning your employees into new jobs.
The staff at VMS helped improve the focus of my resume. They worked with me to uncover experience in current and past roles that I hadn’t thought about utilizing.
I contacted VMS to get my resume, cover letter, and LinkedIn profile updated since it had been a while. They did a fantastic job of making everything look very professional.
Vertical Media Solutions gave me a product that presented my qualifications in the best possible light. I would confidently recommend this company to others.
Proven Outplacement Success
You expect an outplacement service to provide the best career services available. Our reputation stands on years of successful outplacements for organizations of all sizes and types, from small local businesses to large, multi-national corporations.
It takes job seekers an average of 18 weeks to find a new job. At Vertical Media Solutions, our outplacement process is optimized to help your employees transition into new jobs up to 68% faster than if they were to find a new job without our expert services and support.
Important Benefits of Outplacement
Outplacement is about a lot more than merely transitioning employees into new jobs. It’s also about:
- Reduced Liability. While layoffs and terminations are a fact of life, they can be handled in a way that minimizes your company liability. Outplacement services are part of a caring and fair separation program. They also display your company’s commitment to fulfilling your corporate responsibility to employees.
- Enhanced Corporate Image. Preserve your company’s reputation by caring for transitioning staff. Outplacement plans elevate your brand in the eyes of investors, customers, remaining employees, future job candidates and the community in which you do business.
- Improves Retention and Productivity of Remaining Staff. Effective outplacement services show that you care for employees, even when tough business decisions force layoffs.
- Financial Advantages. The sooner displaced employees find new jobs, the lower the cost of insurance and other benefits that are paid for by the former employer. Additionally, outplacement services can be claimed as a tax write-off, thus lowering the actual cost to your company.
- Time Savings. Outplacement services greatly reduce the HR time investment that is typically required for post-separation follow-up with transitioning employees.
Vertical Media Solutions has helped people transition into new jobs from a wide variety of industries, including technology, manufacturing, and healthcare, to name a few. Over the past decade, we have placed people from well-known organizations that include:
- Ford Motor Co.
- General Motors
- University of Michigan
- Western Michigan University
- JP Morgan Chase
Vertical Media Corporate Outplacement Services
The resume, cover letter, and LinkedIn profile form a trio of marketing collateral for each employee. The content and format of each document is written and optimized to provide the most powerful presentation of employee skills and experience.
Optimized for SEO and ATS
Today’s job search is almost entirely driven by technology. Nearly all jobs are posted online and most employers use Application Tracking Software (ATS) to screen all applicants. To maximize the chances of an employee’s resume making it to the hiring manager’s desk, we perform SEO optimization with keywords taken directly from actual job postings. This virtually guarantees each employee’s resume will make it past the ATS screening and onto the hiring manager’s desk.
The Value of a Strong Interview Strategy
While we can’t guarantee your employees will get a job interview, our proven outplacement process has a high success rate. However, if a resume makes it all the way to the hiring manager’s desk, your employee is only halfway to a new job.
The approach we take to interview coaching is an important part of our success. Instead of the conventional, outdated role-playing approach, we teach genuine interview question strategies. We help your employees gain the critical thinking skills they need to respond to tricky behavioral questions and tough technical questions during the interview.
Career Transition Support
Hiring managers love our outplacement process and their transitioning employees appreciate how we take care of them. Every employee gets one-on-one service, from the initial career evaluation through the last career coaching session. Finding a new job is tough, and they are grateful that we are there for them during their job search and transition into a new job.